If it turns out that you have wrongly refused parental leave or contact with the other person, the judge may order that if you now have a separation agreement and a parent starts to fail to comply with the terms of the separation agreement, your enforcement mechanism will be a little different. Try to resolve disagreements or issues regarding the order or agreement with the other person as quickly as possible. Your spouse may ask to get contempt of court order against you if: Normally, there is no trial. A judge will approve your order of approval to make it legally binding if they believe you have made decisions in the best interests of your children. Here are some of the things you can do to solve problems with the order or agreement: It`s complicated because there are all sorts of reasons why you may not follow parental orders and agreements. For example, the type of things that can happen if you do not follow an order depends on: written agreements on parental leave, contact with a child, family allowances and alimony can be filed with a court office, so they can be applied as a court order. For example, if a person does not comply with the terms of a parental leave contract, the court may order consequences, just as if you had an order. If you have an assistance agreement, the Family Care Enforcement Program may impose it in the same way as an order. If you enter into an agreement, the court can only change it in certain circumstances. That`s why it`s important to make sure you understand your rights and obligations in accordance with the law and agreement before signing them. You and your ex-partner must both sign the referral bill. You must also have the approval order approved. With a consent referral, you agree outside of court – you and your spouse or other parent can negotiate the terms, the timeline, anything you want, without actually going before a judge.

And you incorporate those terms into a document and you call it a consent order. If the judge determines that you will not comply with any of the Court`s injunctions, you may need to put in place a guarantee (such as money or property) or report back to the court. You cannot use the Supreme Court Guide to impose only the part of an agreement on the division of ownership and/or debt. To do this, you must complete and submit a Family Law Notice (Form F3). Check out our step-by-step guide To Start a Family Law Case to get a new order before the Supreme Court. You don`t agree with the change, you can just turn around and file a brand new legal action for custody and get a new custody order..